“Clothed as in purple and fine linen with the blood of your Martyrs throughout the world
– For the year 668 A.D., the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles record the following: ‘Pope Vitalianus hallowed Theodorus archbishop, and sent him to Britain.’
Holy Recluse and Miracle Worker
by His Eminence Archbishop Gregorios
of Thyateira & Great Britain
Fr Athenagoras Stylianou
– “Now a woman, having a flow of blood for twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians and could not be healed by any, came from behind and touched the border of His garment.
– Many Christians in the west, Catholic and Protestant, are familiar with the penitential season preceding Easter that is known as Lent.
and their significance for us today
by Protopresbyter John Nankivell
Very Rev’d Protopresbyter
Stephen J.F. Maxfield
– Damaskinos, Archbishop of Athens and all Greece, served as the Primate of the Autocephalous Church of Greece during the Second World War.
Some (disorganised) thoughts
– Kristian Akselberg
by Bekari Abuladze
– ‘Economy’ (οικονομία) is a Greek word which cannot be translated into other European languages;
Simple thoughts on some difficult passages
Subdeacon Kristian Akselberg
by Ilias Levy
– People who are interested in knowing more about the Orthodox Church frequently ask about the practice of closed communion – that is, allowing only Orthodox Christians to receive Holy Communion in our churches.