Reverend Clergy, Esteemed Presidents and Committee Members of the Communities of the Holy Archdiocese
Beloved in the Lord,
As you may know, the government has issued new measures and directives. By the grace of God, we look to celebrating the great Feast of Theophany and I urge you to pay very close attention to the following:
1. The Churches may open and the Clergy should serve the various Divine Services, as the Typikon directs.
2. The government has issued measures and these are to be followed, without exception. Additionally, all the faithful should wash their hands with an antibacterial solution upon entering the Church, and must wear a face mask, keep the proper social distances, and avoid contact with any other parishioner while in the Church proper.
3. Baptisms and Weddings should take place only in extreme cases and circumstances and with the permission of the Archdiocese.
4. Confession and any other form of close contact (through the Sacraments) with parishioners is not allowed at the present time. Clergy will not offer their hand to be kissed. A slight bow is proper.
5. The Parish Wardens and Trustees must record all the names, telephone numbers, addresses, and emails of all those entering the Church, even those who come simply to light a candle.
6. Antidoron is to be wrapped and placed in the Narthex area and the faithful will take it (by themselves) as they leave the Church.
Please see below the government link, so you may also have this at your disposal.
Wishing you all a most blessed Theophany.
With paternal blessings,
+ Archbishop Nikitas of Thyateira and Great Britain